Thursday, June 13, 2013
June 2, 2013 was a grand day. We celebrated our 4th annual Say I Do! with over 200 LGBT couples, friends and allies. Over 2 dozen fabulous exhibitors came out to showcase their products and services to our couples eager to say "i do".
With the Hotel Palomar as our venue and the lovely Coco B. Colby as our hostess, it could have not been a better day.
We have a huge responsibility that we don't take lightly...to create a safe space where our couples can meet LGBT friendly vendors for their wedding and to provide an environment where couples can mix and mingle with other engaged couples in a fun and relaxing environment. Say I Do! is not just an event, it's an experience and we are honored to continue to be of service to the community.
Thank you to those who joined us, helped spread the word and those who supported, we could not have done it without you!
Say I Do! Founder
Click here to see pictures from June 2
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
We just came across these whimsical and fun straws on the Very Jane website and HAD to share. These are perfect for a wedding where a tall glass of fun is in order!
There are oodles and designs and colors to choose from.
Check them all out here!
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Ladies and Gents!
Do you think you have what it takes to walk away with the grand prize of a $25 Starbucks gift card by winning our scavenger hunt?
We shall see...
We are going to send you on a journey, to discover and in some cases rediscover some of the great exhibitors who joined us for Say I Do!
Be the first person to answer all the questions correctly and you win!
1. Answer the questions below using the clues provided.
2. Provide answers in a comment under this status on our FB page
3. If you are the first person with all the correct answers you'll win! Sorry, no second place prize, but you will still be a star in our eyes :-)
4. We will not comment on whether your answer is correct or not until the contest officially closes. You can't change your answer! If your comment says "edited" on FB that comment will be disqualified...no exceptions. So be sure in what you post!
Ready? Let's go...
Fill in the blanks. See below for a helpful hint!
- This vendor is on a quest to cure DC of it's creative bore. Her name is _______ and her blog is called _______________
- This vendor was serving up S'mores and Peach Pie in a martini form at Say I Do! on June 2 in Washington, DC, they are ______________
- This vendor has long been a pioneer in the gay weddings industry, now she's serving up style with her new clothing line called _________
- We gave away lots of their wine at Say I Do! DC 2013, a Stein Family wine that gives a percentage of its profits to a marriage equality cause. The name of the wine is ______________.
- This Say I Do! photographer captured Bree of Capitol Romance rocking her signature mustache on a stick, he is _____________
- Everybody LOVES this Queen, because she is so fierce and fabulous! She was our Say I Do! hostess for 2012 and 2013, she is ______________
- They created a relaxing lounge for our couples and entertained guests at Say I Do! DC 2013. Our official entertainment sponsors 2 years in a row! They are ________________
- Got a sweet tooth? This vendor was aiding and abetting your taste buds with delicious sweets in a variety of flavors. The name of the vendor was ___________
- This vendor presented an informative workshop on why life insurance is important for the LGBT community. This vendors name is____________
- List your 3 favorite vendors from Say I Do! DC 2013 _________, __________, __________
Need a little help? Helpful hint...
All of our vendors can be found in our FB album, just click here.
You may need to rummage through some of our recent posts for a few of the answers.
Friday, May 31, 2013
5th Reason to attend Say I Do! LGBT Wedding Expo...
We couldn't resist this meme. We didn't feel that we would be complete without at least one meme and Sweet Brown was on the top of the list!
Get your tickets to Say I Do! today because if Sweet Brown has time for it, then you should too! No need to bring a cold pop, we'll have plenty to drink!
Need tickets? Get them here:
Thursday, May 30, 2013
|photo credit: so you're engayged|
Let's face it, not everyone has a wedding shower. Maybe it's financially not an option right now. Or maybe you just don't have the time. Maybe your family is not as accepting as you would like. Or, perhaps, your friends don't live close by and having a wedding shower without them is out of the question.
We believe your love should be celebrated and we want to help you celebrate it!
We are bringing the wine, the beer, the food and the desserts! We will have plenty of games and prizes plus lots of people who would love to help you say "i do" in style. Our wish for you is that you marry and go on to have a beautiful relationship and life together as a married couple.
Say I Do!...it's your party. Don't stand us up!
Be sure not to miss it on Sunday, June 2...get your tickets here:
TOP 10 REASONS TO ATTEND SAY I DO!
10. So you can stop sneaking...
We know you think you're good at concealing your wedding planning at work from your boss. We know you probably think sending links to co-workers and chatting on the phone with others about your wedding while at work has gone unnoticed.
As much as we hate to be the bearer of this news...your boss in all likelihood knows exactly what you're doing. Depending on your boss and where you work, that may be a good thing or it may be a not so good thing.
At Say I Do! we are bringing all of the vendors to you under one roof. Dessert tastings, wine and beer tastings, everything you need for your wedding in one big room. You can be assured that they are great at their craft, all you have to do is choose which vendors are right for your wedding.
We are saving you money, time, the headache and possibly your job.
So now that the cats out the bag, you are free to stop the whispered phone calls questioning potential photographers and venues. We know your lunch break isn't nearly long enough for you to visit the vendors you are interested in or complete a full cake tasting. Yes, it's frustrating, work gets in the way of planning your wedding :-) We can't tell your job to pay you for planning your wedding, but we can do most of the work for you and make it super easy to find and book your wedding vendors. That's what we've done at Say I Do!
Buy tickets to Say I Do! your boss will thank you...or thank us :-)
Get your tickets here:
Got your tickets? Great!
You are officially relieved of the nervous twitch you get when you're surfing the internet at work for wedding vendors and hear someone coming.
Content on this page is copyright of Say I Do! LGBT Wedding Expo